Pages

Friday, October 13, 2017

Be More Pacific

New Filipino-American restaurant in town! The little girl and I tried it there today for lunch and so far oh so good!



Since having kids, it is always important for us to find places that are kid friendly! This restaurant had both - a kid menu and an open space for the kiddo to burn some energy. She had the Adobo Chicken (chicken braised in a tangy savory marinade of vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, and pepper) served over steamed rice, garnished with green onions and also served with two slices of  fingerling potatoes. She said "Thank you for ordering this, it's good!". Kids are picky eaters in general, so if she likes it then it really is good!





I ordered the Tosilog (combination of sweet and savory pork, garlic rice, green onion garnish, and egg). This is one of my all time favorite dishes in the Philippines so I had to try this one first. All I can say is two thumbs up! The bowl was huge so plus points for that! I still have half of my meal to savor again tomorrow.




There are currently only two items on the dessert menu for lunch. So I went with Ube Ice Cream. Ube is otherwise known as purple yam and is a popular delicacy in the Philippines. It can be eaten on its own or made into different forms of dessert from cakes to candies, etc. So this ice cream was a must try. It is specially made by Amy's Ice Creams and it definitely did not disappoint! It is served with homemade purple yam. I had to race eat it with my little girl because she was way too fast! 


There is a famous spot in Austin called the "I love you so much" wall. You can read about it here. Having drawn inspiration from that wall, the wall below is the first thing you see as soon as you enter the restaurant. The saying on the background "mahal kita" is the filipino translation of "I Love You". Pretty awesome wall I must say! Perfect for pictures! Definitely going back to try more dishes from their lunch menu, take more pictures of the place because I missed some pretty cool spots, and to try their dinner menu!
















No comments :

Post a Comment