Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Not just for eating





We never really utilized the formal dining room unless we had guests over. We end up eating at the breakfast area most of the time. With two little kids, it has become a toy storage area too at one point. The kids are now bigger and we have a rule of "no toys downstairs" in place. It has given me much order and peace lol! 

So I decided to convert it into a space where we could use it more often. I've seen dining rooms with book shelves on Pinterest. So I thought I would try it. It is now a dining room / library / game room. We have enjoyed nights playing board games here with the kids. And on of my counter tops in my kitchen where my recipe books used to sit is now nice and blank. These IKEA book shelves used to be in my office. I have lots more space now there too.

This table from West Elm is perfect for this room. It seats eight people and is made from reclaimed pine. We fell in love with it the moment we saw it at the store. Plus it was on 20% off sale. We LOVE sales! However, the only thing we didn't like is the shipping cost - $229! There was no other option around it either. At least they assembled it and placed it where I wanted it.

We found the chandelier while walking around the huge Restoration Hardware store (or building rather!). Sputnik was its name. Again it was on sale for 55% off. Perfect! But like the dining table, the shipping cost was $200! It arrived assembled so the box was GIANT! It fit like a glove through our front door.  It didn't take much to install it (thanks to the hubby by the way). All the bulbs were included however one of them was defective and blew out as soon as we turned it on. The replacement bulbs sell for about $15 on their website. However, I found the exact same bulb on Amazon for only $8. It lights up the whole room perfectly. I must say though that all those bulbs can make the room a bit warm. Perfect during the colder months!




No comments :

Post a Comment