Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Chez Zee & Bluebonnets

If you get the chance to visit Austin, or if you live here and haven't tried it yet, make sure to find time to eat at Chez Zee. They are well known for their brunch on weekends. The food below is from their lunch menu (since we ate there yesterday and forgot that brunch was only served on weekends), and it was still pretty good.

The little girl waiting patiently for her food:

WF1

WF2

Yummy crab cakes:

WF3

Cheese pizza (yes this is from the kids menu and it is HUGE):

WF4

New Orleans Pecan Chicken:

WF5

Spinach, mushroom and feta quiche:

WF6

Creme brulee french toast for dessert (we at least got a little taste from the brunch menu):

WF7

Their cool easter decor:

WF8

We decided to go visit the Wildflower Center after our meal. It was in the middle of the day and overcast - perfect weather to get some good photos.

WF9

WF10

WF11

WF12

She enjoys picking up rocks and leaves while walking:

WF13

WF14

WF15

WF16

The famous bluebonnet:

WF17

WF18

The butterfly munching away:

WF19

WF20

We hardly got any bluebonnets last year due to the drought. But this year, with all the rain, the bluebonnets are everywhere! Such a pretty thing to see. There are flowers blooming everywhere. And obviously, I was excited to take photos of my little girl with the famous flower... a LOT of photos. I have been trying for two years to get photos of her with bluebonnets. And I finally did! :)

WF21

WF22forLS

WF23forLS

WF24

WF25

WF26

WF27forLS

WF28

WF29forLS

WF31

WF30forLS

WF32

WF33

On our way home, the little girl had to say goodbye to the Turtle family :)

WF34

2 comments :

  1. those pictures are amazing. I am practically begging my husband to buy me a new camera (DLSR). Any recommendations? I used point and shoot right now and i guess it works for me. Like you I just started my blog too and learning all the tricks of the trade. I blog before when i stay at home mom as my outlet for documenting the adventures of mommyhood and then I stopped blogging because i went back to work and life just got busier. Your baby is a cutie pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sam! :) I am a Canon user so I would recommend the Canon T3i... it is a good camera for starting out. And don't buy the kit lens, get the body plus a 50mm 1.8 or 1.4 lens. You will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete